180 Movie - An Eye Opening Documentary

Friday 21 January 2011

So Over My Head by Jenny B. Jones


Newly single, stalked by a killer, and in desperate need of some chic clown shoes--Bella is one skinny mocha frapp away from total meltdown.

When the Fritz Family Carnival makes its annual appearance in Truman, Bella's keen reporter instincts tell her the bright lights hide more than they reveal. Her suspicions are confirmed when one of the stars is murdered. Though the police make an immediate arrest, Bella doubts this case is quite that simple.

She needs her crime-solving boyfriend, Luke, more than ever. Problem is, his ex-girlfriend has moved back to town, giving Bella some murderous thoughts of her own. Then again, there's no time for a relationship crisis when Bella's doing her best to derail her father's wedding and stay one step ahead of a killer.

Is God sending her a message in all of this madness? With a murderer on the loose and her boyfriend's ex on the prowl, this undercover clown has never had more to juggle--or more to risk.

I love all things Jenny B. Jones, but this book isn't making my favorites list.

The third book in A Charmed Life is full of drama, romance, and mystery. And I think it was the romance that was throwing me off. Luke and Bella break up, Luke keeps telling Bella she's insecure and doesn't trust guys, Bella keeps telling Luke to stay away from that Ashley girl...It was a great twist to the series to have them break up, but it was like a CD stuck on the same line as they worked out their relationship.

I usually hate mysteries (they're so predicable!), but Jones keeps things funny and suspenseful. I had a freak out when Bella encountered the killer. I also died laughing at Ruthie. Seriously. I want that girl to go to MY church.

I did wish to read more about Bella's family in Truman and friends at school, but the book mostly focused on the circus and her Dad in New York.

All in all, I liked it. Not as good as the first two, but a great ending to the series!
Note: By the way, am I the only one who thinks Junie B. Jones when I read her name? Anyone?



Jenny B. Jones writes Christian fiction with equal parts wit, sass, and untamed hilarity. When she's not writing, she's living it up as a high school teacher in Arkansas. Since she has very little free time, she believes in spending her spare hours in meaningful, intellectual pursuits such as watching E!, going to the movies and inhaling large buckets of popcorn, and writing her name in the dust on her furniture.

Find the book on:

Wesite/Blog:

No comments: