180 Movie - An Eye Opening Documentary

Saturday 3 September 2011

Waterfall Wednesdays (Chapters 7-11)





1. Gabi's search for her sister is made increasingly difficult by the fight for territory between Castello Forelli and Castello Paratore. At this point, do you think the rivalry is warranted? Why or why not?

War isn't fun, but if Paratore is attacking Forelli more and more then they should protect themselves. I didn't really get at first why they wanted each ot
her's castles, but the more I read the more it made sense.

2. Gabi aids Fortino by having his sickroom cleaned out and using steam to loosen the phlegm inside his lungs so he could breathe better. Have you ever found yourself in a situation that required you to rely on home remedies to aid yourself or another? What are some of your favorite home remedies?

Thankfully, I have never had to doctor someone besides giving them Sudafed or a band-aid. Nursing is at the top of my Things I Stink At list. I also hate hosp

itals. Home remedies? Zip, zap, zero. I did love reading about Gabi helping Fortino get better though.

3. Marcello and his men don't hide their surprise when they learn that Gabi is skilled with a sword. What did you think of this development? Has your initial impression of Gabi changed? Do you have any secret skills?

I loved Gabi's skills with the sword! I was impressed right along with Marcello. My secret skill is that I'm a beast at Swordplay on the Wii. Okay, well, I can beat the first level. Fear me.


4. "Our lips were so close, I could feel the heat of his breath on my skin." Gabi and Marcello's feelings for one another are beginning to stir. What do you think of Marcello as a romantic interest thus far? What do you think of his intended?

Oh, it's so vexing! I want them to fall in love and yet I don't want to see Marcello get hurt if he dumps Lady Rossi. I would have fallen for Luca. So much less drama. Lady Rossi is a puzzle. You think she's mean one minute and then nice the next.


5. Marcello and Luca take turns teaching Gabi the dances of Toscana. Would you have liked to attend a ball like the one Gabi was practicing for? Do you like to dance? Do you know any cool dance moves? Extra (not really) points if you YouTube yourself dancing and share the video. Come on, it will be fun! :)

I can't dance to save my life, so I would totally be begging for dancing lessons before I went out and humiliated myself. I would love to attend a ball though. They say white people can't dance and I'm living proof of that. Sorry, no video! (:

11 comments:

Lisa said...

Luca does seem like quite the catch. I love his teasing and flirty attitude. His cocky confidence is pretty sexy!

Melissas Eclectic Bookshelf said...

I agree that Luca seems like the real catch...and that Lady Rossi is pretty complicated...it's not so cut and dry as some readers think it is!

♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

Katie Marie said...

I agree with your point for question one. If the Paratore's are attacking, they need to protect themselves and their families.

Luca is such a fun flirt! I loved his humorous attitude!

lol, and getting dance lessons from LUCA would be totally awesome, right Paris?! lol

YA Book Queen said...

Yay for Luca! ;)

Eve Victorie said...

I don't know why people seem to like Luca that much, I mean he's ok, but Marcello's way better!

By the way, I had to say that the Waterfall Wednesdays button fits really well with your blog background, Paris!

Rebecca (RivkaBelle) said...

Luca's fun - he's a bit of a smart aleck, haha...and you're right: he doesn't have the drama factor of Lady Rossi...

Missie, The Unread Reader said...

LOL Paris. Yeah, I think I would have fallen for Luca too, but there is always something about the guy you can't have, huh.

And I bet you'd be surprised how how handy any skills you learn on the Wii would be if you found yourself in Medieval times. ;)

Anonymous said...

So Vexing!!! Im using that phrase at some point this week...LOL

and I loved Luca too.....BUT Im still a Marcello gal...pffftttt...that is until book three.....

Julie said...

Nope, it's gotta be Marcello! Great answers!

Jacinda (The Reading Housewives) said...

I would prefer Luca as well :)

My son likes to play with the PS3 move and he does this barbaric sword fighting game... :) There's also archery... I should start practicing with these games just in case I time travel :) haha

Paris said...

Lisa - Funny + hot = perfect! haha

Melissa - Yupp! I read Cascade and Torrent and was totally surprised by Lady Rossi!

Katie - Totally awesome(:

YA Book Queen - Agreed. Yay for Luca!

Eve - Why thankyou! I just prefer funny guys, so Luca was right up my alley! Marcello would be my second pick though haha

Rebecca - Seriously, the less drama the better. Though that would make a very boring book!

Missie - I think I'll go brush up on my Wii skills in case I stumble across a tomb that takes me back in time...

Tina - It's so fun to say lol did you fall for Lord Greco in book 3?

Julie - Thanks!

Jacinda - Always good to be prepared!