1. Gabi's search for her sister is made increasingly difficult by the fight for territory between Castello Forelli and Castello Paratore. At this point, do you think the rivalry is warranted? Why or why not?
War isn't fun, but if Paratore is attacking Forelli more and more then they should protect themselves. I didn't really get at first why they wanted each ot
her's castles, but the more I read the more it made sense.
2. Gabi aids Fortino by having his sickroom cleaned out and using steam to loosen the phlegm inside his lungs so he could breathe better. Have you ever found yourself in a situation that required you to rely on home remedies to aid yourself or another? What are some of your favorite home remedies?
Thankfully, I have never had to doctor someone besides giving them Sudafed or a band-aid. Nursing is at the top of my Things I Stink At list. I also hate hosp
itals. Home remedies? Zip, zap, zero. I did love reading about Gabi helping Fortino get better though.
3. Marcello and his men don't hide their surprise when they learn that Gabi is skilled with a sword. What did you think of this development? Has your initial impression of Gabi changed? Do you have any secret skills?
I loved Gabi's skills with the sword! I was impressed right along with Marcello. My secret skill is that I'm a beast at Swordplay on the Wii. Okay, well, I can beat the first level. Fear me.
4. "Our lips were so close, I could feel the heat of his breath on my skin." Gabi and Marcello's feelings for one another are beginning to stir. What do you think of Marcello as a romantic interest thus far? What do you think of his intended?
Oh, it's so vexing! I want them to fall in love and yet I don't want to see Marcello get hurt if he dumps Lady Rossi. I would have fallen for Luca. So much less drama. Lady Rossi is a puzzle. You think she's mean one minute and then nice the next.
5. Marcello and Luca take turns teaching Gabi the dances of Toscana. Would you have liked to attend a ball like the one Gabi was practicing for? Do you like to dance? Do you know any cool dance moves? Extra (not really) points if you YouTube yourself dancing and share the video. Come on, it will be fun! :)
I can't dance to save my life, so I would totally be begging for dancing lessons before I went out and humiliated myself. I would love to attend a ball though. They say white people can't dance and I'm living proof of that. Sorry, no video! (: